Saturday, August 28, 2021

#BookReview - Bad For You: A Small Town Romance (Rocktown Ink Book 4) by Sherilee Gray #Romance @Sherilee_Gray

 


Bad For You: 
A Small Town Romance 
(Rocktown Ink Book 4)
By Sherilee Gray

The first time I saw Lila Cooper, I vowed to make her mine.

She was dangerous—those big brown eyes saw far more in me than a biker good with his fists. Far more than I wanted her to see.

But I had to let her go. My screwed-up family destroys everything they touch, and my club sent me to clean up my brother's mess. I couldn't risk Lila getting hurt. So I hurt her instead, the woman who owned my heart.

Now she's determined to forget me. But I'll do anything for a second chance, even reveal the scars on my soul...


You know those times when you are reading something you really don't want anyone to know that you are reading, and then your husband comes into the room and, with a guilty look in your eyes, you turn your Kindle towards you so he cannot see what you are reading? Well, Bad For You: A Small Town Romance (Rocktown Ink Book 4) by Sherilee Gray is one of those kinds of books. The secret pleasure kind, where the pages cannot be turned fast enough as you race towards what you know is going to be an explosive ending.

Jessie, the bad boy protagonist in this novel is a respected member of the Ramblers MC, these boys fight hard and party even harder. Lila is trying to avoid her emotionally abusive parents while working in the local library. But when she meets Jessie, she knows that her world will never be the same again. The attraction that these two feel for each other simmers, no steams, throughout this novel, even when apart they cannot stop thinking of each other, and as Lila explores the possibilities of life with a man like Jessie, she is also acutely aware that she does not fit into his world, while Jesse is waiting for the hammer to drop, and for Lila to realise that the two of them should not be together. Both are insecure, both have a terrible past but when they are together everything is forgotten as they give in to the undeniable physical attraction that they have for each other. But, unlike some erotica books that I have read where the characters seemingly never stop for breath as they indulge in each other, this book has a really compelling story alongside. 

I thought this novel was amazing. I simply could not put it down. I will certainly be checking out more books by this very talented author.


You can find this novel over on you favourite online Bookstore - click HERE!


Sherilee Gray 


Sherilee Gray is a kiwi girl and lives in beautiful New Zealand with her husband and their two children. When she isn't writing sexy contemporary or paranormal romance, searching for her next alpha hero on Pinterest, or fueling her voracious book addiction, she can be found dreaming of far off places with a mug of tea in one hand and a bar of chocolate in the other.

Social Media Links:




2 comments:

On tour with The Coffee Pot Book Club — Small Eden by Jane Davis #HistoricalFiction #TheCoffeePotBookClub #BlogTour @janedavisauthor @cathiedunn

You have to check out Jane Davis' new book, Small Eden. Thank you to  The Coffee Pot Book Club  for inviting me to be a part of this to...