Monday, August 8, 2022

#BookReview - The Iron Warrior Returns (The Legendary Warriors, Book 1) by Michelle Willingham #HistoricalRomance @michellewilling

 


The Iron Warrior Returns
(The Legendary Warriors, Book 1)
By Michelle Willingham 


A fight to save his people
A kiss to save his heart…
To regain his stolen lands and save his people from suffering, Robert of Penrith has returned to marry his enemy’s daughter. To Robert’s surprise, his dearest friend, Morwenna, helps him win the heiress’s hand—despite the danger to them both. The fierce, beautiful miller’s daughter has stood by him throughout his exile. But a single kiss ignites a passion that threatens to upend all Robert’s plans…


The cover of this book had my heart pumping before I had even caught sight of the tagline. Once I had read the blurb, I knew I had to read this book. Michelle Willingham is a new author for me as I had never read any of her books before, and I only found out about this one because I saw it on another book blog. I was kind of expecting the trademark Mills and Boon layout - there would be romance, but with a massive hurdle to get over, before the characters could have their happy ending, and that is what I got with that book, but I also got a lot more. This is a story that is utterly compelling from beginning to end. I really could not read this book fast enough. There is action, danger, forbidden love and of course swoon-worthy moments.

 Morwenna was a character that I really enjoyed reading about. She is feisty, but also vulnerable. Whereas Robert is determined to reclaim his land, but he can't do that if he allows himself to fall in love with Morwenna. Oh Robert, you really are quite blind! I thought the romance was a slow simmering boil, but as soon as Robert realises his own heart then the attraction between the two cannot be denied. I thought the love scenes were beautifully depicted and the author has delivered a very believable romance.

I thought enjoyed every minute of this book. My only complaint is I wish it had been longer (I know Mills and Boon have a recipe that they follow to the letter) but I would have really liked to have spent more time with these characters. As this is book 1, I am hoping I can catch up with them in book 2. Fingers crossed! 

If you love historical romance then you have to buy this book. You can find it over on Amazon

Michelle Willingham

#1 Bestseller in Historical Romance, Regency Romance, and Scottish Historical Romance

Top 100 Kindle Bestseller List, U.S. and Germany

RWA RITA Finalist, 2010, for Best Historical Romance

National Reader's Choice Award Finalist, 2014 and 2017, for Best Historical Romance

Michelle Willingham has published nearly forty romance novels, novellas, and short stories. Currently, she lives in Virginia with her children and is working on more historical romance books in a variety of settings such as: Viking era Ireland, medieval Scotland, Victorian England, Regency England, and medieval Ireland. When she's not writing, Michelle enjoys baking cookies, playing the piano, and avoiding exercise at all costs. Visit her website at: michellewillingham.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

On tour with The Coffee Pot Book Club — Small Eden by Jane Davis #HistoricalFiction #TheCoffeePotBookClub #BlogTour @janedavisauthor @cathiedunn

You have to check out Jane Davis' new book, Small Eden. Thank you to  The Coffee Pot Book Club  for inviting me to be a part of this to...